“Handwritten love letters will never go out of style.”
It’s almost Valentine’s Day and this year the day of love will be so much different from other years. No romantic dinners in cozy restaurants, boat trips on the Seine and even an evening stroll through the city will probably not be possible. But there are more ways to surprise your sweetheart. You can bring a serenade under the balcony, deliver a huge bunch of roses with handmade chocolates, but did you ever think of sending your loved one a handwritten love letter? I can’t think of anything more romantic than that.
Love letters exist for as long as writing itself. I think they never to go out of fashion. In the old days, receiving a love letter was the highlight of some peoples live. Lonely women and men who, for whatever reason were separated, had to wait for months to hear something from their beloved ones. And when they finally received that precious letter, the letter was cherished, reread countless times, and locked up in a drawer so that it would never be lost.
Writing a love letter is not so hard as you might think it is. Here are some tips to write a good letter:
- Choose paper in a light color, such as white or cream-colored. Write with black ink.
- Come in the mood. Play your favorite music, dim the lights and think about the moments you’ve shared, use these memories to guide you.
- Date the letter.
- Start writing.
- Of course you don’t want any typing errors in your letter, so make a draft first. When you have written down everything you wanted to share, rewrite the letter in your best handwriting.
- Add a personal touch to your letter, like a picture, some rose petals or spray your favorite perfume on the paper.
- Place the stamp upside down on the envelope, which means: I love you.
Maybe you find it difficult to write the perfect love letter, but I think every love letter is perfect if it’s written straight from the heart. And don’t hesitate to exaggerate a little, because that’s a part of being in love. Share the things you have in common, be expressive and use details which explains what makes your beloved one so special. Recall a romantic memory and write down all the things you love about her or him.
I’m sure your sweetheart is going to love it!