What a great summer we have this year! And it doesn’t seem to be over yet, so this blog is about picnicking in the city.
I really love picnics. A picnic contains all the ingredients that I love so much: Paris, food, romance and summer.
And whether I picnic together with my sweetheart or with a group of friends… I like them all.
Most of the time I take care of the food and I ask others to take care of the wine and beverages. I love to spend a whole day in the kitchen, trying new recipes. But if you don’t have time for that, ask everyone to bring something. But ensure that everyone brings different food, otherwise, you have the same dishes.
What can you bring for a picnic?
- At first, of course, fresh, baked bread. Click here for the best boulangeries in town or bake it yourself.
- (Homemade) jam.
- All kinds of cheese.
- A cake. What’s is a picnic without a cake? I always bake one myself, but of course, there’re plenty of cakes to be found at the patisseries. Make sure you don’t take one with too much whipped-cream, because in the heat it can easily go bad.
- Other sweets such as madeleines, kouignettes, macarons … there’s plenty of choices here in the city!
- A big green salad and a couscous or pasta salad.
- Sandwiches, with hummus, pesto and avocado.
- Snacks. Make something different like roasted chickpeas or sweet potato chips.
- A quiche.
And last but not least … Fruit. Because, oh that delicious summer fruit! Go for melons (watermelon is a must!), peaches, cherries, strawberries, blueberries … There is so much choice at this time of the year.
Of course, you also bring a big and colorful picnic blanket, cutlery, plates, glasses, and napkins. When I’m with my boyfriend, we bring our own crockery. When we are with a group of friends, I go for sturdy paper plates and our own cutlery and glasses. I don’t use plastic, it’s not good for the environment, and I don’t like the taste of plastic in food and drinks.
And don’t forget a corkscrew, waste bag, cushions, games, and sunscreen.
Now you are completely picnic proof and the party can start!
Have lots of picnic fun!